Newsletter Video, May 2023
Click Below - Add Your Own Comment
Disclaimer - the exercises here are for educational purposes only and before you try any of them, consult with your therapist or doctor.
Movements of the Month for the Foot & Ankle
These gentle exercises are meant to alleviate discomfort and increase mobility & circulation.
Foot & Ankle Passive Range of Motion
- Cross the involved foot over the other knee.
- Grab around the ball of your foot.
- Move the foot up and down, side to side, and also rotate it up and in and down and out.
- Repeat this 10 times.
- Perform this mobilization activity on the other foot as well.
Foot & Ankle "Alphabet" Exercise
- Pretend that the tip of your big toe is a pen or pencil.
- Straighten your leg into a comfortable position then draw each of the letters of the alphabet by moving your foot.
- Go through the alphabet 1-2x per foot.
Towel Crunch Exercise
- While comfortably seated, place a towel under your foot.
- Curl your toes to crunch up the towel as demonstrated.
- Repeat the movement 15 times
- Perform 2-3 sets of the exercise
- Perform this exercise on the other foot as well.
Seated Heel Raise
- In a seated position, have your feet below your knees.
- Raise your heels off the floor then lower them back down.
- Repeat the movement 20 times
- Perform 2-3 sets of the exercise.
NOTE: you can push down through your knees to add resistance.
The information in this video is intended for informational and educational purposes only and in no way should be taken to be the provision or practice of physical therapy, medical, or professional healthcare advice or services. The information should not be considered complete or exhaustive and should not be used for diagnostic or treatment purposes without first consulting with your physical therapist, occupational therapist, physician or other healthcare provider. The owners of this website accept no responsibility for the misuse of information contained within this website.